Avial | Popular South Indian Mixed Vegetables Recipe By Ruchi Bharani. Watch how to make 'Avial', an easy to make South Indian recipe by Ruchi Bharani.
Avial is a delicious preparation which is believed to have been originated from the Indian state of Kerala and is very common in Kerala, Tamil and Udupi cuisine. Check out chef Ruchi Bharani's take on this popular South Indian
3 Cups of vegetables chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
(Yam, drumsticks, raw banana, carrots, snake gourd, south indian cucumber, french beans)
1 small onion chopped lengthwise
1 cup grated coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies
Few curry leaves
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup curd
salt to taste
To steam the vegetables:
- In a pot, boil water and put a seal over it. One by one, add all the vegetables - drumsticks, pumpkin, carrots, snake gourd, yam, raw banana, South Indian cucumber and french beans.
- Add little salt to the vegetables and cover it with a lid and let it cook for about 7 - 8 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove all the vegetables in a plate.
To make the coconut paste:
- In a grinder, add the cumin seeds, green chillies, coconut and water and grind al the ingredients.
To make avial:
- In a pot, heat the coconut oil. Add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds start crackling, add the curry leaves and the vegetables.
- Add the coconut paste and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add the turmeric powder and curd and mix well.
- Add little water, coconut oil and a few curry leaves. Add salt to taste. Mix well, cover with a lid and let it simmer for about 2 minutes and then turn off the flame.
- The delicious Avial is ready to be served.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Narayan Thakur
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned - http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood
Tags: Avial | Popular South Indian Mixed Vegetables Recipe By Ruchi Bharani, avial, how to make avial, avial recipe, homemade avial recipe, south indian cuisine, south indian recipes, kerala cuisine, tamil cuisine, udupi cuisine, mixed vegetables recipe, sambhar recipe, sambar, idli, dosa, rasam recipe, huli, south indian lentil recipe, Indian Cuisine, dal recipes, easy veg recipes, quick main course recipes