Cheesy Rice Snacks. Melted cheese + fluffy rice + a crispy shell = 💘
1 1/2 cups Tastic parboiled rice
1 cup grated mozzarella
4 small cubes mozzarella
4 small strips of mozzarella
1 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
Oil, for frying
1 1/2 tbsp biltong shavings (For the cheesy rice sticks)
1 1/2 tbsp Mrs Ball's chutney (For the cheesy rice balls)
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Bring the rice to the boil in lightly salted water. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 - 30 minutes. Once cooked drain the rice.
2. Combine the rice, grated mozzarella and 3 eggs in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to thoroughly combine the mixture
3. Divide the mixture into two equal portions in two bowls.
4. Add the Mrs Ball’s to the first bowl for the balls, stir to combine.
5. Add the biltong shavings to the second bowl for the cheesy biltong sticks, stir to combine.
6. If the mixture is a little too wet, add a few teaspoons of flour.
7. Form each ball by taking a small portion of the mixture, rolling it into a ball, squeezing it firmly and stuffing one cube of cheddar inside each ball.
8. Roll the mixture from the second bowl into strips, place a long slice of cheese into each strip and close the strip over firmly.
9. Whisk the remaining egg in a bowl.
10. Dip each ball/stick in flour, egg and then in the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess. Repeat the process once more.
11. Fry in oil until golden brown and cooked throughout. Serve with a selection of dipping sauces and ENJOY!
Tags: Cheesy Rice Snacks, Cheese, Cheesy, Rice, Melted cheese, Delicious, Crispy, Bread Crumbs, Dip, Crunchy, Tasty, Snack, Tastemade, Fry, Fried, Deep Fried, Salt, Flavoursome, Simple, Simple cooking, Recipe, Recipe video, How to, How to make, Easy cooking, How to cook, Cooking for students, Budget cooking, Yum, So simple, South Africa, South African, Foodie, Foodies, Foodies of South Africa, Foodies of SA, Tastic, Tastic Rice