Banana Fritters with Toffee Sauce. Super simple banana fritters - a fuss-free and DELICIOUS snack/dessert option that your friends and family will love🍌✨
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup White Star Instant Maize Porridge (Banana)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp lemon juice
2 bananas, roughly chopped
Vegetable oil (for frying)
Icing sugar, optional
For the toffee sauce:
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan together with sugar, heavy cream & vanilla essence.
2. Bring to the boil & set aside once caramelised.
For the banana fritters:
1. Combine White Star instant maize porridge with all-purpose flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
2. Whisk the egg, vanilla essence & lemon juice in a separate bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients along with the chopped banana and use a spatula to fold the mixture together until just combined.
4. Use a spoon to gently drop spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil and fry on one side until you see the edges starting to turn brown.
5. Flip and continue frying until brown on the other side.
6. Drain and let the fritters cool a bit before dusting with icing sugar.
7. Serve warm with toffee sauce and ENJOY!
Tags: Banana Fritters with Toffee Sauce, banana, banana fritters, fritters, delicious, sticky, sticky toffee, toffee, fried, deep-fried, sweet treat, naughty snack, sweet, pudding, dessert, icing sugar, castor sugar, maize, maize meal, white star, pioneer foods, recipe, recipe video, easy recipe, how to, how to make, south africa, south africans, foodie, foodies, foodies of sa, foodies of south africa, yum, so yum, tasty