12 Types of ikan arowana fish information and names #part 1. Arowana, probably the most majestic fish within modern day fish keeping aquariums. Named the dragon (arowana) fish by Chinese aquarists for good reason, arowana’s large coloured scales and beautiful movement make it seem like a shiny monster in the water.
Arowana’s will need to be fed a composite diet of both meat and vegetables. If just fed fatty, meaty food’s there will be a build up of fat above its eye, resulting in the unwanted “drop eye” syndrome which substantially decreases its reselling value.
Crickets and mealworms are great and whats even better is you are able to breed these seperately to have a constant supply of food for arowana fish.
In this video I would like to show you 12 types of arowana and names. I hope all of you are happy to enjoin watching this show. There are 12 types:
1. Green Arowana : Widely distributed in Southeast Asia, is spread widest among different regional, causing it value relatively low. greenie head is circular small shape with silvery gill, body scales showed slightly translucent scales, and are slightly blue color with spots, so that the body reflects strong blue(purplish) , mainly strong blue green horse-shoe pattern, scales frame carried a very slight pinkish coloration. Around dorsal fin, anal fin, caudal fin show blueish brown based.
2. The High Back Red Tail Golden Arowana : The scales are copper-gold in color with some purplish shine. The back of the fish are dark in color, ranging grey, brown to black. The tail color have 1/3 to 2/3 divisions, the top 1/3 are dark in color and the bottom 2/3 have purplish-red to brownish-red color. The dorsal fin and the anac(near the anus) fin color follow the 1/3 and 2/3 of the tail color respectively.
3. Chili Red Arowana : They can be divided into 1st grade red and 2nd grade red. 1st grade red can have different intensity of color ranging from yellow to orange to red to blood-red and chilli-red. The higher intensity red is more desirable and often demand very high price. It is often difficult to distinguish the 1st grade from the 2nd grade red Arowanas when the fish is young.
4. Fire Red Arowana : its body shape and striking colour, this is a very popular red arowana.
5. Golden Arowana : The Arowana, also known by the Chinese as the “golden dragon” or “living dragon”, is said to be the most expensive aquarium fish in the world. It is so expensive because of its close similarity to an actual dragon; it has beautiful metallic scales that reflect the colors of the rainbow, and boasts two “whiskers” on its face. It is a significant symbol of prosperity, because the word fish in Chinese translates to “yu”, which also means wealth.
6. Platinum Arowana : Number one on the list is the Platinum or White Arowana. The color is the result of a very rare genetic mutation. They can reach a size of about 35 inches and they can live for more than 50 years.
7. Silver Arowana : It can grow to a maximum size of 90 cm (35 in). Unlike the black arowana, the silver arowana has the same coloring throughout its lifespan. The species is also called 'monkey fish' because of its ability to jump out of the water and capture its prey.
8. Rainbow Golden Arowana : It looks like a silver with rainbow fins and it’ve seem baby silver with the same thing, this little dude has ripped fins and a few scales missing.
9. Red Texture Arowana : The red color is first part in the fins in young specimens and gradually moves onto their entire body as they mature.
10. Red Tail Golden Arowana : They are more common and more affordable than Cross-Back Gold Asian Arowana since they are more abundant in the wild, as well as the fact that they are not as “Gold” as the Cross-Back Golden Asian Arowana. They are also a little more aggressive Cross-Back Golden Arowana which they otherwise have many of the same traits as.
11. Yellow Arowana : Commonly known as Grade 1.5 Red or Grade 2 Red or Banjar Red, also known as yellow tail arowana. Its has a very un-matching shines and green/yellow base colour of the scales. when adult, it has only yellowish/greenish colour over the body.
12. Crossback Golden Arowana : The scales are copper-gold in color with some purplish shine. The back of the fish are dark in color, ranging grey, brown to black. The tail color have 1/3 to 2/3 divisions, the top 1/3 are dark in color and the bottom 2/3 have purplish-red to brownish-red color. The dorsal fin and the anac(near the anus) fin color follow the 1/3 and 2/3 of the tail color respectively.
hank you for watching this channel Show,
aquarium & fish FAN
Tags: 12 Types of ikan arowana fish information and names #part 1, aquarium & fish FAN, arowana, types of arowana, arowana species, arowana tank, best arowana, asian arowana, silver arowana, black arowana, red arowana, super red arowana, chilli red arowana, golden arowana, crossback, highback, super highback, gold arowana, blue arowana, blue base, green arowana, banjar, banjar red, red, feng shui, fengshui, lucky arowana, red tailed golden, red tail, golden, dragon fish, aquarium, tank, betta fish, Dramatic Aquatics